Current job openings:
Landscape Leading Hand
- 4-5 days per week
- Based in Alice Springs
- 12 month position
- $27.23 – $31.50/hr (depending on experience and qualifications)
Applications close Friday April 2
To apply please submit the following:
• A cover letter addressing the selection criteria (1 page max)
• Your current CV (2 pages maximum)
- Deliver a range of landscaping, irrigation, and land management services to Arid Edge clients, and ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget
- Work alongside the AEES Landscape Supervisor and AEES Landscape Leading Hand on landscaping contracts, undertaking all tasks as requested.
- Seek to implement ALEC’s vision of ‘Healthy Future for Arid Lands and People”
- Relevant qualifications and/or competency certificates in horticulture, land management or related disciplines, preferably with practical experience central Australia.
- Ability to work unsupervised if required. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an effective daily/weekly work program, to prioritize and problem solve on the job.
- Proven capacity for accurate record-keeping of expenditure on the job and related outcomes.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience for working well with Aboriginal colleagues and community members will be highly regarded.
- A current drivers licence and an appropriate level of health and fitness to meet the rigours of remote field work including driving long distances in a 4WD vehicle, changing tyres and lifting up to 20kg.
- Current White Card (Construction Industry Induction)
Up to date training competencies in any of the following:
- Ochre Card (Working with children)
- First Aid
- Handle and transport chemicals
- Heavy machinery operations